Saturday, March 13, 2010

I will never get tired of saying: ”Matters of the heart are complicated”. Relationships always require a lot of hard work and people have to be mentally prepared to make concessions in any relationship. Dating a Japanese man is no different. I would even say that it makes me even more aware that I have to be more understanding and more tolerant and more ready to take one step back as to see him taking a couple of steps back too. After all a Japanese man is somebody who is always thinking about the future…This can be a blessing and tiresome at the same time, but I prefer to see this as a good thing. Compared to a future I do not know I prefer to have somebody sketch it out for me. People are different and the process of making two people breathe and live as one is full of adventures and obstacles. I am fully aware of that…Every single day I get to feel so much…Somehow it is a different feeling from what I had in my past relationships. Frankly I do not know whether it is the nationality that makes the difference or the person himself, but I am grateful and full of admiration for the man who wants to be a real man when he is around me, for me and because of me, for the man who lets me feel a woman. The women who come to us are all very different and all seek different things but when you get down to it, what matters in the end is what you feel when you are with that person. At that moment, such trivial obstacles as the language barrier and cultural differences pale…We have a saying here “He who does not risk, does not drink champagne”. Deciding that you want to meet somebody from another country always assumes some sort of risk, the risk of a mismatch, but when you think about it is not bigger than the risk with any usual relationship I think. In the end it is all about giving yourself a chance, allowing yourself to be happy, to enjoy life, to love life and not run from those who bring out these feelings in us no matter how difficult it may seem at the beginning….Love does conquer it all, don't you know that?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm from Japan. I have just come across your blog, and found it very insightful to both men and women in international relationship. I wish my future partner had such viewpoints like yours:)

    >>After all a Japanese man is somebody who is always thinking about the future…

    I don't know exactly what this came from, but maybe because we all live in the era when it is hard to predict what is going to happen even in the nearest future. Also maybe because we as a man want to prepare for any unwanted events so that he can protect his partner/family from such events. In general, the Japanese men tend to think this way, unless the guy is a complete happy-go-lucky type of person. It mostly depends on the personality of the man you are with.

    >>Frankly I do not know whether it is the nationality that makes the difference or the person himself,

    Probably both the person himself and his nationality make you feel that way. Where your partner was born and how he was raised have a huge impact on forming his/her character. But focusing too much on his/her nationality or even ethnicity when you get a different feeling from the person could prevent you from seeing the way the person really is. It is sort of like using a convenient excuse to interpret what you see in your own way, which doesn't necessarily reflect the truth. The more you blame your partner's cultural background for any particular issues, the more likely you will lose your insight to figure out what they really are on your own. People tend to be drawn to easier solutions. It can become a dangerous habit of thinking. Whenever something happens, you go like, "Oh because you are Japanese/Moldavian, so no wonder why you think so, do this, do that, blah, blah, blah." This is really dangerous to keep the relationship healthy. Of course, we should appreciate each others' differences and pay respect to them. However, it would be better not to bring it up to just bridge the gap. Instead, one should try to understand your partner as an adult regardless of his/her nationality or ethnicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for the interesting comment. It was informative to read your thoughts about this.
    >>After all a Japanese man is somebody who is always thinking about the future…

    I know that you might not understand where I come from when I say this, but from my point of view this is a correct statement. In Moldova people do not think very much ahead because of the instable political and economic situation. It does not make us irresponsible, it is just that we try living one day at a time.

    >>Frankly I do not know whether it is the nationality that makes the difference or the person himself...

    I agree with you that the person is the one that makes the difference, but there is still a hint of culture in everything we do. Our societies are different and thinking is a bit different. Not taking this into consideration would be a mistake I think. Tolerance, patience, understanding...and a lot of love ...is the key to a successful relationship of any sort...

    Otherwise thank you for the great comment one more time. Wish you luck in finding your perfect partner....or how we say...there are no perfect people, but there are people who complete our imperfections perfectly:))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>there are no perfect people, but there are people who complete our imperfections perfectly

    Absolutely! The ideal couples complement each others' imperfections.

    ReplyDelete