Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wonderful life.................

“It’s a wonderful, wonderful life…” – indeed it is. I have had a magical week with my most precious person…It was a happy time throughout the entire time, whether we were sitting at home, doing basically nothing, or cooking together, or cleaning, or just looking at each other…This was a major test for me, especially the part where he eats my Moldovan cooking or notJ)). Any woman in this part of the world knows the saying: ‘The path to a man’s heart is through his stomach!’’J))). The questions was whether Moldovan cuisine can conquer the heart of a man from Japan, who are virtually not used to the heavy food we have. It was double stress for me because he is also a cook….ahhh….while cooking I was very nervous. If you wonder…he did eat it….:))))! This made me very happy! During the entire stay we only had one fight and that happened because of a misunderstanding, a translation problem. The important thing is that though I was very upset for some time, I did not let it eat away at me and decided to give him the benefit of a doubt. This is a problem that may occur frequently in a mixed couple. Most importantly, please have the patience to listen to your partner, even if at times you do not want to. Listening to one another is crucial, but when your partner is a foreigner there might be some differences in the meaning of the words and expressions he uses, so pay twice as much attention to what he says. Listen not only with your ears but also with your heart.

6 comments:

  1. >>‘The path to a man’s heart is through his stomach!’

    In Japan, we have a similar saying to that. A lot of decent young Japanese women go to a cooking school before they get married so that they will be able to satisfy their future husband's stomach or simply because they love cooking. This does not necessarily mean that the Japanese men don't cook as I love cooking myself, though. If your partner is Japanese, then, you might also want to try learning how to make some Japanese cuisine, such as Miso soup, Chirashizushi, etc. Even if the result of your trial doesn't get close to the way it should taste like, your partner surely will appreciate your intention and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great advice, I will surely try to learn to cook some Japanese dishes, though it would be very difficult since it is difficult to find the right ingredients here and even if I do, they still won't taste the same. But I will give it a try for sure. As my father says, no proper young lady can get married without knowing how to cook our traditional soup "zeama" and "placinte". Too bad I might not need this knowledge after all:))).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you two going to settle down in Moldova? I'm wondering if there are any Asian groceries nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I did not say that, I was talking about practicing Japanese cuisine at home, nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you were talking about cooking some Japanese dish at home. That is why I asked you if there were any Asian grocery stores where you could get the ingredients and stuff that you might need to cook them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm, well you will certainly not find any Asian stores around here. It is possible to find some ingredients in our biggest supermarkets, but then they do not taste the same either. So from this point of view, cooking Asian dishes in Moldova is a challenge:)))

    ReplyDelete