Friday, April 2, 2010

The bridge

A relationship means building a bridge towards another person, they say, if the other person responds positively to your feelings then he/she starts building a bridge too and you meet half way. If your feelings are unrequited then your bridge will never reach its destination, it will fall and crumble half way…In this perspective, my bridge will have to be a very long and strong one in order to pass over oceans and thousands of miles of land; it will have to reach a place I do not know and can’t say that completely understand. I play it by ear, I try to soak in everything that I am being given…and still at times I hit a wall…I am sure my partner feels like that too sometimes. Despite this, every time we pass a stumble block I feel as happy as a child who has gotten a candy. I feel happiness in every victory, as small as it may be, because every moment matters. Bad or good, every experience makes people closer to each other…The language issue is an obstacle, but it depends on you how big of a problem you let it be. One cannot ignore it, since communication is crucial for a relationship…and it can be very difficult sometimes. But I do believe that if people have a bond, a strong bond between them, then language will come naturally, understanding the other person’s language will come naturally (not without an effort and hard work obviously since nothing falls down on us from the sky).

2 comments:

  1. That's a good analogy. With all the positiveness you have, I believe that you will surely build a very strong bridge. Just make sure your partner has the same intention.

    ReplyDelete