Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates

Have you ever seen the oh so popular “Forest Gump”? Then maybe you remember how the main lead says that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what filling you will find inside until you take a bite. So now imagine, here we are, looking at this box of chocolates (see this as an analogy for men) and not knowing how to decide which one to try………What do we do? I say just jump right in it and do not think too much, the chocolate is going to be delicious anyway….I am looking at a chocolate as we speak and his name is Tadao. To be honest I am a bit anxious about biting in, but at the same time it is such a thrill. If you are a chocolate lover, then you definitely know that delicious dark chocolate with peperoncino, it is one of my favorite and somehow this is the flavor that I associate with Tadao. At first you are a bit weary about tasting it since it has hot chili peppers on the wrapper, then when you decide to do it after all, you sense the classic taste of dark chocolate at first that surprises you later with a spicy and at the same time sweet aftertaste. And this is how a chocolate, or a person;) will forever find a place in your world. What is you flavor ladies? Don’t you want to taste something new?

Just some time ago, I was living my usual, routine life, not even contemplating the possibility of such a drastic change happening in my life so fast. It is too early to think of the future…but I am waiting for it with excitement. By the way this reminded me about something I was discussing with Tadao yesterday. He told me that there is a difference in how Japanese people and Moldovan people perceive their life and future. He did get it right when it comes to Moldovans – we live every day at a time, we do not like making long term plans, because we know that we live in an unstable environment. This has caused our nature to be unstable too. In Japan on the other hand, people always think and plan ahead, this way they feel safer. So just in case you are having one of your first conversations during which a Japanese gentleman tells you he wants to have 2 kids, take a deep breathe (this is what I would have done) and after a moment you will start to appreciate the fact that this man respects you enough to tell you about such personal dreams of his. I know in Moldova, and I give you myself and my friends as an example, hearing such a thing during the first dates would be difficult to digest, but remember that Japanese men always think about the future. And of course nobody likes to waste time! I have to admit that this is a very good quality which can reassure a woman and offer her a more stable view of what it is to come. Every woman in this world wants this sense of stability and I like the fact that for Japanese men this comes as a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment